Thursday 20 November 2008

Rest in peace....

20 November 2008 (Part I)

Sadness is upon us again.. The day before yesterday, our great grandfather finally succumbed to his illness and passed away peacefully. I was wondering when I saw mummy crying after getting a phone call from back home.. When I approached her, mummy gave me the biggest hug and sobbed. Safiya and I are still too young to understand, but looking at mummy, it's must be really painful for her not to be able to see her grandfather again.

We pray that my great grandfather, Allahyarham Haji Mohd Daud bin Mahmud, will rest in peace. We will all miss you dearly...


At night the very same day, we had a tahlil ceremony (prayers for the departed) and this will continue on for three consecutive nights. As for us here in Brisbane, mummy is planning on having a small tahlil ceremony soon, and the date is yet to be set.

No comments: