Friday 14 November 2008

Despite the sadness...


14 November 2008 (Part I)

We're still sad.. mostly because of datu, and because we're missing nini laki and nini bini so much! When mummy told my teachers that nini laki and nini bini had gone home, they figured out perhaps that's why at school today, I didn't want to touch the delicious cut mangoes for my morning tea.. I don't know why I felt like crying at that time.. I guess the snack made me remember nini bini who always prepares them for me in the mornings! Miss B said that I may be feeling like being abandoned... So sad!

Anyway, life must go on, right? Alright... happy face back on... Hehehe... :D

The last night that nini laki and nini bini were here, we attended baby Ryan's first birthday party. Nini bini was requested to cook fried vermicelli (mihun goreng), and mummy made a mango cheesecake for dessert. Nini bini also made some kelupis using some frozen banana leaves that we bought from chinatown (oppss, sorry.. no pictures...). Yummmyyyy!!

To baby Ryan, Happy Birthday! Enjoy these pictures!

The scrumptious menu


Nini bini's delicious fried vermicelli @ mihun goreng


Mummy's finger-licking mango cheesecake


Safiya and I enjoying the delicious menu


The birthday cake.. Marble cheesecake for the birthday boy


Poor birthday boy.. Rayyan @ Ryan just woke up from a nap and got confused seeing all the guests singing the birthday song.. He's shy and has still to get used to being in the limelight... hehe..


Luckily Safiya and I are around to help! Hehehe...


Nini bini taking picture with auntie Widya from Malaysia

The night before, a strange creature approached us. The big tree in our front yard has finally bloomed with red flowers, and it has attracted a cute possum. We didn't want to miss out the opportunity to see this animal exclusive to Australia and New Zealand, so we watched it from our balcony despite the windy and cold weather.

Anyway, here are the pictures...

An image of a possum


Can you see the possum? He's in the flower bunch!


What a long tail...


... and BIG eyes!


G'day mate!

No comments: