Monday 16 June 2008

Chicken, egg and beef

16th June 2008

Hehe.. You may be wondering, what do I mean by "Chicken, egg and beef"... It's actually what Safiya and I have been eating today! More stories later.

In the afternoon, mummy brought Safiya to a clinic in the Sengkurong area since her cough has not subsided. I accompanied them. When we were in Brisbane, Safiya has almost recovered, but once in Brunei, the flu and cough came back. It's fortunate though that no signs of fever is apparent, but hearing Safiya coughing makes us feel the pain that she is in. Thankfully, the doctor assured mummy that Safiya's throat and lungs are clear.

Then, daddy called us to meet up at the new house. From the clinic, it's one minute drive, but since daddy was still on the way (he travels around 50 minutes to 1 hour everyday to work ... and back), so to pass the time, we enjoyed an afternoon snack at KFC. Then, we went to the site and Safiya and I had a great time. More pictures on the other BLOG.

Making silly faces while waiting for the doctor to call.


Me and my chicky meal.


Safiya exploring the Colonel burger.


In the evening, mummy made two large burgers, filled with three layers: chicken, egg and beef. The buns were grilled with a hint of butter, and it really makes us craving for more. All this while in Brisbane, we have been watching advertisements on television of the delicious burgers but the issue of getting 'halal' ones makes it difficult to fulfill our appetite. This time, I eat lots! Even nini laki (who doesn't usually eat this kind of stuff) had a big bite! Hehehe... Thanks mummy!

The burger... See how huge it is? And look at those three layers of chicken, egg and beef! Also notice the diamond-shaped grill marks on top of the bun. Crunchy...


Hot... but I couldn't resist, so my first attempt was to eat the burger without holding it.


Hmmm.. That didn't work well.. My second attempt, I had daddy holding the burger for me.


Now that it has cooled down, I ate it myself!

No comments: