Thursday 19 June 2008

My great new look!

19th June 2008

Today, daddy and mummy decide that I trim my hair since it has grown quite long. As such, after a quick visit to our new house still under construction, we dropped by a barber shop in the Mulaut village. There are lots of barber shops in Brunei, mostly run by Indians, but daddy prefers the barber who already knows his hair style. The best thing about our local barber shops here ... the price! Daddy pays $4 for his hair cut, and mine costs only $2! We have been surveying the price in Brisbane, and it may cost around AU$14 per person. Hehe... but I guess the ones in Brisbane are professionally trained.

Hehe.. being silly at home. I look like Harry Potter, ehh?


My look before the hair cut.



Hey... that tickles!

Mummy and Safiya interestingly witnessing my 'transformation'.


Trimming and more trimming...


Final check. The barber shows me how my hair looks in the back using a large mirror. Notice that little 'tail' in my hair? Hehehe..


Another bonus.. every hair cut guarantees a free massage.


Ohhh... I'm an eligible bachelor now with this new hair!


After a great success (besides a few ticklish moments), daddy and mummy bought some Satay. For those unfamiliar, Satay is meat in sticks, and it may be chicken, beef, etc. It comes with 'ketupat' (steamed rice in coconut-leaf) and a tasty peanut dipping. Yummy!

Smoked satay.. The aroma of the charcoal flame gives that extra 'kick' to the taste.


The ones on the left is chicken and beef is on the right.


Ketupat. Preparing the coconut leaf casing is an expertise that mummy still needs to learn.


Enjoying the satay and ketupat, dipped in the peanut sauce.

No comments: