Sunday 25 May 2008

St Thomas's Riverview Kindy Wheel-a-thon

25th May 2008

Today, my school holds a fund-raising event, the wheel-a-thon at Guyatt Park in the morning. At first mummy was hesitant to join in since she has a busy schedule and her assignments' deadlines are just around the corner. Nevertheless, eager to experience this new concept, and thinking that this might be a once in a lifetime opportunity (I'm not sure if we have this kind of activity back in Brunei), we signed up and the whole family joined in the fun.

At around 8.30 am, we all headed by foot to the park and we were welcomed by everyone, especially by Miss B who is warm and friendly as always. It's really interesting to see all my friends bringing all kinds of things on wheels for the race, including bicycles, tricycles and push toys. For myself, I borrowed a "wheelie" from school.

Remember, we're all kindergarten and pre-prep students, so it's really lots of fun, even for the parents and grandparents who clearly had a blast witnessing all the kids running around!

Mummy definitely took some pictures. Especially for daddy, we really wish you were here! Oh well, I guess we'll see you in 13 days!

Enjoy these pictures!

All parents and family members of the kids from my school gathering at Guyatt Park. It's quite cold since it's winter but everyone is being very nice and the friendliness warms up the day.


Nini bini enjoying the experience.


Safiya took the chance to play with her rugby ball.


Playing with my good friend Mateo. I'm a little bit sad though because Mateo is going back to Mexico for good in a few weeks time... I'm sure going to miss him!


Safiya having a go with the wheelie that I borrowed from school. Thanks Miss B for lending it to me for today's activity..


Myself all set for the wheel-a-thon.


At the starting line... Ready, Get set, Go!


Myself in action. Can you spot me in this picture?

We were given these tags, and for each lap that we complete, we get a punch hole. As you can see, I completed all 10 laps!


I received a prize and a certificate for completing all 10 laps.


Claudia's parents were busy cleaning up after all the actions, so she joined us and we take a rest together. In this picture, you can see me enjoying my prize.. the chocolate cookies! It's really worth all that running!

No comments: