Monday 21 July 2008

Waffles for breakfast

21 July 2008

I woke up in the morning today welcomed by a nice smell from the kitchen. I straightly knew, either mummy or nini bini is cooking something delicious for breakfast. When I saw mummy busy with her hand-mixer, there's definitely a special breakfast in the making ... waffles! Apparently mummy had to leave behind her waffle-maker in Brunei the last time we came to Brisbane since we had too much baggage... but not this time! And the treat.. delicious waffles for us to eat! Thanks mummy!

Hehehe... Recipe? Here it is...

Hand-mix these ingredients together to make the batter:
125 gm margarine/butter, 75 gm sugar, 4 eggs, 250 gm flour, 1/2 teaspoon baking powder, 200 ml fresh milk, Vanilla essence, Salt

Of course you will need a waffle-maker to make the perfect waffles... Depending on the colour and crispness that you like, it takes roughly around 4 minutes to cook.


We eat our waffles with peanut butter and coconut jam.


Waffles.. full of love from mummy

At noon, we went for a walk to my school. It's not my school day yet, but I can't wait to see my teachers! Miss B was truly happy when she saw us, and so was I! After a quick chat and giving souvenirs from Brunei (sadly nobody remembered to take pictures...), we went to Toowong Village. We went there by bus, had lunch and after a quick shopping, we went home. At night, Safiya and I watch dvds to pass the time. Before we know it, another day has passed!

Waiting for the bus.


My lunch ... tasty chicken kebab and delicious scones.


Safiya fell asleep the whole journey.. You missed a lot, sis!


Heheh.. night activity... dvd watching time!

No comments: