Friday 28 March 2008

Mummy and nini laki went to Chinatown

27th March 2008

It's cold and rainy today, but I don't really mind because today is my school day. Mummy took advantage of the weather and put on Safiya her new turtle-neck shirt and sweater.



Apparently, when I was at school today, mummy and nini laki together with my sister, Safiya went to Chinatown (in Valley). When I finished school, mummy picked me up. Along the way back home (we walked), she told me the whole story of her journey...

First, they bought some halal meat and chicken; they bought some chicken wings, chicken feet (hey, it's a delicacy) and some goat meat.

Nini laki picking parts of chicken to buy.
Safiya dozed off and slept throughout the whole journey.



Then, they went to a Chinese shop (Yuen's Market), an importer and wholesaler of Asian food products. There, mummy bought some Asian food supplies. The Chinese shop also sells fresh seafood, so mummy and nini laki bought some fish and prawns, and as a treat for nini bini, we bought a large mud crab. That single crab costs AU$23.39 but it's definitely worth it!

(Above) Nini laki watching the fishmonger clean up the fish.
(Below) Hmmm... the mud crabs, alive and fresh!


(Above) Some Asian food products that mummy bought.
(Below) These are the fresh seafood... Hey, the crab is looking at the camera!

Ohh, mummy's story made me hungry... At home, nini bini cooked the crab and we enjoyed it. Wish daddy was here!

I was so hungry, I didn't even want to smile to the camera... Silly me!



No comments: