Sunday 7 December 2008

My school year has come to an end!

7 December 2008

Trying on mummy's graduation hat


Last Friday was my last school day for the year. There is actually still another day next Wednesday, when my school will be hosting a Christmas concert. However, we will not be able to come due to an earlier plan (hehehe... for this, you'll have to wait and see...), so I had to bid farewell to my lovely teachers and friends.

It's actually sad now that I will no longer see Miss B and Mrs. Miller. They have been very good teachers for me, and both of them have made my first time schooling educational and lots of fun! I will have to adapt to another school environment next year, which I hope will be at least as fun as St. Thomas's Riverview Kindy (for I'm sure no teacher will take the places in my heart for Miss B and Mrs. Miller!)...

So, on the last day of school, I gave some presents to my teachers for them to remember us by. In exchange, mummy and daddy also receive presents, which my teacher had been helping me make at school during the past weeks. Best of all, I received a present for myself too!

It's a really hot summer day (Miss B says Queenslanders call this type of day as a 'stinker') and we were treated with ice-blocks. Can you locate Safiya?



Playing in the school grounds for the last time



Claudia enjoying some time with Safiya. They are looking at my portfolio.. which is basically a picture record of what I have been learning this year. Thanks teachers!



Miss B delighted to receive presents from us



Mrs. Miller also happy to receive her gift



My lovely teachers... oh, I miss them already!



(From left): Presents for myself, daddy and mummy

An exclusive present for daddy... Remember the plaster mould that Miss B helped me make not so long ago? This is the finished product! It's really amazing, you can see my fingernails, creases and lines... so life-alike! Hehehe...


For mummy, a tissue box that I had painted.


The school gives me a bug keeper, and a library bag with my name on it.

To Miss B and Mrs. Miller, thank you for everything, and we will miss you very much! Do keep in touch, and always visit me on this blog, please... Hehehe... And if anytime in the future any of you decide to visit Brunei, give us a call or email because we will not want to miss the chance of meeting you again!

I love you both!

No comments: