Monday 22 December 2008

Getting used to Brunei...


22 December 2008

Currently, Brunei is still having the end-of-year school holidays. I will be starting school early next year, so I still have around 2 weeks or so relaxing! Sadly, mummy and daddy had to go to work immediately the day following our arrival from Brisbane. As such, I only have time to spend with mummy at home on Friday (a non-working day in Brunei) and on Saturdays with daddy since daddy is working with Shell.

Anyway, here are pictures of what we have been doing so far:

Last Saturday, I spent the whole day with daddy on his hunt for some more things for our [new house]. Safiya had to stay home because she might get tired from all the driving, after all, we only went home late in the afternoon. At noon, we stopped by mummy's newly refurbished office and later went out for lunch. Mummy was craving for soto Brunei, so we went to enjoy the famous "Soto Rosmini" in Gadong. Mummy said that the lady has been in business for more than 10 years and the distinctive taste of her soup still remains the selling point. Her daughter started up a similar business (Soto Tini's) but we still like the mother's version.

Mummy took our picture from her office at the third floor.


It's nice that mummy's office is directly opposite the SOAS mosque, the most famous landmark of Brunei. Look at my hair...


The famous Soto Rosmini. This is the special version, with additions of fried egg and fried chicken.


I enjoyed the chicken fried rice


The same day at night, mummy and daddy decided that it's time for my haircut. Hehehe... Mummy is tired of thinking that she has two girls instead of a girl and a boy! We didn't go to the barber while in Brisbane, and my hair has grown so long that I started to look like a girl... hehehe... As usual, getting a haircut is a very ticklish moment for me, but everyone likes the result in the end. The long hair was difficult to maintain anyway, especially when I'm tired and sweating!

Mummy was happy and said "Yes, I have a son!"

Yesterday, after attending a cousin's wedding, we paid a visit to Wawa (daddy's elder brother) who has recently moved in a new bungalow. Safiya and I had a blast playing with our cousins Adam and Sasya. We were so loud that 3 month old Zara couldn't get any sleep! Sorry cousin! Hehehe... To Wawa, congratulations on the new house. It's really beautiful and truly a home sweet home!

No comments: