Sunday 11 July 2010

My birthday celebration

11th July 2010


As planned, in the afternoon today at our home was held my long-awaited birthday celebration ceremony. Lots of family and friends were invited and we are happy that they accepted our invitation. We didn't have any party games (the reason why we don't say it's a party) but one thing for sure; we had lots to eat!


On the menu was chicken satay (fried), kelupis & beef curry, fried vermicelli, fruits and desserts. Since Nini Bini and Nini Laki now runs a [catering business], why look elsewhere, right? As such, most of the foods were creations by lovely Nini Bini with some add-ons by mummy.


Nini Bini's deliicous satay goreng


Some of mummy's creations; vanilla cupcakes with icing, chocolate moist cupcakes and huge fruit platters. Hehehe... We didn't get to take picture of her fruit custard, blueberry-chocolate oreo trifle and fried vermicelli ~ people were so eager to eat! :)

Then, as usual, it was birthday cake time. This year, mummy ordered an Iron man birthday cake. Since she made the order only a few days before the ceremony, the bakery couldn't entertain a request for a 3-D Iron man mask cake. However, the substitute was no less satisfying - I really love it!


Oh yes, the flavour of my cake was mango chilled cheesecake.


After filling our hungry tummies, it was presents unwrapping time (again!). Here are my birthday presents...

I first took picture with Nini Laki, Nini Bini and Nini Green.
For new readers who might be wondering, Nini Laki & Nini Bini are mummy's adoptive parents, while Nini Green are her natural parents. They're actually related since Nini Laki and Nini Green are brothers.



Presents from Adam & family (the suction-dart gun) and cousin Syahmi (t-shirt).


Presents from NiniBoy & NiniGal and [Warya family]


Presents from [Nini Green] and Wawa Hj Jufri (mummy's eldest brother)


Presents from mummy's siblings, Ngangah and Iring


These are from our neighbours... :)

Just before bedtime, my parents gave me a delightful surprise. Although they already gave me my birthday presents on my actual birthday, they apparently have more to give. I was really happy unwrapping them!


So, what did I get? It's a new schoolbag and a lunch box for my new school year next month ~ embroidered with my own name.


To everyone who came to the ceremony, a huge appreciation goes to all of you for making it a successful and fun event. Thanks too for all the great presents!

No comments: