Sunday 26 June 2011

I am 7 years old today!

26th June 2011


The day that I have been waiting for all year is finally here. As of today, I am officially 7 years old. It was lucky for me that my birthday this year falls on a Sunday, as such my birthday celebration could be held exactly today.

My parents fulfilled my wishes this year - a superhero-themed cake and bouncer slides for some outdoor fun! Initially I wanted a strawberry ice-cream cake but since I chose a 3-D cake, it had to be changed but the crunchy chocolate sponge cake was not bad as well. As a bonus, I have got three superhero figures to keep for myself.


As is the tradition, we also celebrated Nini Bini's birthday together with mine ~ our lovely grandmother turned 60 three days ago. Nini Bini was surprised when mummy took out her durian mousse cake but she was definitely happy and thrilled.


After enjoying hi-tea, all children (and some adults) changed into swimmers and spent the rest of the afternoon playing outside. Thankfully it was a bit cloudy and was not really hot which makes playing time even more fun and exciting.


At first, our baby brother was a bit intimidated and cried when daddy put him in the pool. His swimmers were taken off, thinking that he didn't want to play. Then, our parents tried again putting him on the slide and he got excited with all the other kids playing with the water! He eventually joined in the fun and had a blast.


Thank you to family and friends for making another birthday a successful event and a huge appreciation as well for all the lovely birthday gifts.


No comments: