Thursday 2 June 2011

A birthday fit for a royal prince

2nd June 2011

We were among the lucky group today who were invited to Istana Nurul Iman to attend the royal birthday celebration of His Royal Highness Prince Abdul Wakeel in the afternoon. Since it's Thursday, daddy took the day off from work while mummy came later right after office hours is over.

At one point of time, I was out of sight and daddy searched for me amongst the invited guests. Daddy then spotted me talking to His Majesty The Sultan together with other children. When he got the chance to talk to me, he immediately asked me what was I talking about. Hehehe... I'm sure he's worried that I spoke inappropriately to our beloved monarch!


You know what I said? I asked His Majesty two questions. Firstly, when was the ceremony going to start? Secondly, I asked why was he talking in English and not Malay? Hehehe!

The main event of course was the cake-cutting ceremony, and we were amazed to see two gigantic birthday cakes! It was also a great honour for us being in the presence of Their Majesties.


There were definitely lots of food around but it seemed that the adults are the only ones interested to eat. That's because all the kids could not resist the temptation of enjoying the carnival. There were lots of games and prizes to be won. Safiya and I also enjoyed climbing into the bouncer castle to play with the birthday prince as well as his baby sister, Her Royal Highness Princess Ameerah who happens to be Safiya's classmate at school.


Today was definitely a memory that we will cherish forever.

Happy Birthday Prince Abdul Wakeel

No comments: