Monday 3 May 2010

Getting into the Malay spirit

3rd May 2010

Yesterday, we attended a nikah ceremony of a cousin and the theme colour of the day was gold / yellow. As mummy was searching for a suitable outfit for baby Safwan, she came across a cute baju Melayu (a Malay traditional outfit) that once belonged to me. It was especially made for my mandi belawat ceremony almost 6 years ago. Thankfully, it is properly kept and still looks new. Of course, it looked good on our baby brother too!


A trip down memory lane... Here's how I looked like back then! If you notice, during the actual ceremony, mummy put on me a full songket baju Melayu that was lent by a relative. However, after a while, I became grumpy perhaps due to the heat and all those powder paste on my face. As such, the other outfit came in to the rescue and made me a happier baby again. Hehehe...

No comments: