Wednesday 25 November 2009

JIS Year 1 Award Ceremony

25th November 2009


Today, my school organised a special award presentation ceremony especially for Year One students, including me! The event was held at the Orchid Garden Hotel during lunch time. Coincidentally, daddy was having the day off since he was not feeling well, but insisted on attending the ceremony together with mummy and Safiya.

See if you can locate me...

As part of the decorations, all students had made posters and I was happy to show off mine to my lovely family. After all, it did take lots of hard work... hehehe...

Trying to locate my poster among the lot


Found it!

I went to the hotel by bus together with my teachers and friends, and our parents met us there for the event. After a quick refreshment, the ceremony started just before 1 pm. After a short speech by one of our class teachers, all Year One students performed a song on stage, titled Oky Doky Unga (it sounds correct, sort of... heehee...). In the video below, you might not see me since I was standing in the second row.




Then, each class was called on stage and everybody was given an award certificate according to individual's achievement. As for myself, I was awarded for drawing great detailed pictures. Oh boy, it makes me more proud of myself!


After that, each class come up on stage and recite one poem each that we memorise by hard. Below is my class's choice of poem by Barbara Moore:

Soup, soup, glorious soup,
Soup that goes 'SLURP'
And soup that goes 'GLOOP'.
Soup that is thick,
And soup that is thin,
And soup that goes dribbling
All down your chin!


Thank you to JIS for holding such a memorable event. We really feel honoured and appreciated that the school went far in organising it, and deciding that our air-conditioned assembly room at school wasn't special enough for us. Hehehe... and of course, thanks to daddy and mummy for the continued support throughout my study.

No comments: