Friday 13 November 2009

I'm a Native American Indian

13th November 2009

"In the past we would pickle, salt and tin food to get us through the winter"

Hehe... You might be wondering what am I talking about? Well, it's actually about my play during our morning assembly this morning. That was my line. Every Friday, the Junior School at JIS attends assembly. Unlike most schools in Brunei where students stand up under the hot sun, we sit in a room and watch a presentation from a different class every week. This week was my class's turn.

We presented a play about the historic event when some pilgrims from England came to the United States on board of a ship, and there they met some Native American Indians who showed them how to fish, hunt and some other skills. I played the part of a Native American Indian.

Overall, mummy said it was an excellent play, considering that my friends and I are all around 5 years old. Everyone remembers their line, and the play went smoothly, except for the most part of myself trying to fix my headdress on stage! I was in a bad mood after the play because one of the feathers fell off and I was unable to fix it.


After the play, the school had presented certificates and medal to some of the older students who did well in a special Maths test taken during the summer holiday. The test was organised by a university in Australia.


After the assembly, we took some pictures. As you can see, I was not that happy, thinking about my fallen feather.


But not for long! My friend Adam cheered me up and we did some 'wrestling' before returning back to class... hehehe...


I was glad with my achievement. Thanks mummy and Safiya for coming to watch me on stage and taking a video for dearest daddy to watch later.

No comments: