Sunday 24 July 2011

Too good to be true

24th July 2011

In conjunction with His Majesty The Sultan's birthday celebration this year, Safiya was among the lucky few chosen to perform at His Majesty's private dinner presented by the royal family last night.

When attending a full rehearsal the day before, mummy brought me along so that I could have a glimpse at the performances (since seats were limited only for Safiya and my parents at the actual event). I couldn't believe my eyes when I saw a familiar face on stage... it's Maher Zain! Our family have been admiring the famous singer for quite sometime. His Islamic-themed songs capture our hearts everytime we hear them.

I immediately said to mummy, "I can't believe a real singer is in front of me!". Nevertheless, mummy didn't get me at first since she was busy helping Safiya change into her dancing costumes. I think it was only when I repeated my words the third time that mummy realised who I was talking about.

It took me a while to finally get the courage to come up to my favourite singer and asked to take pictures with him. Oh, I was sooooo excited!


Of course, being a fan himself, daddy caught up with Maher Zain backstage during the main event and snapped a photo as well.


We love you, Maher Zain!

1 comment:

Me said...

I love him too :)