Tuesday 31 August 2010

Back to school

31st August 2010

First of all, congratulations to our Malaysian family and friends on the anniversary of Malaysia's independence day.

As for us, today is pretty exciting as well. After an almost 2 months holiday, we finally start attending school. What's even more interesting is that we have advanced another year, I am proud to say that I am now in Year 2 while my sister is now in Kindy.

Before leaving home, mummy took a few shots of us in our uniform. A big change this time; Safiya decides to wear a headscarf to school, and she looks beautiful.


We left home at around 7 and arrived at school just before 7.30. The first thing we did was to locate my new class which is in another building. From now, I will have to climb a few steps since my classroom is on level 1 compared to last time where my class in on the ground level.

The environment is a bit different not only because of the new room, but because of the new group of students. A few of my classmates from Year 1 are with me while some others are in other classes. Being in Year 2 makes me feel that I have grown a liitle bit ~ when my parents left me, a handshake (salam) seemed to be enough for me. No hugs and kisses anymore, at least not in front of my friends! Hehehe...


After sending me, our parents then made their way to Safiya's classroom. According to mummy, Safiya was a bit hesitant to go into her new class and kept on wanting to go to her previous classroom which is familiar to her. However, after a while she understood that the previous class is for really young kids (mummy explained that it's for kids with nappies) and that some of her old friends are in her new class as well. Unfortunately though, her close friend Amelie is in another class but Safiya didn't seem to mind.


Let's hope that it is going to be another great year for us!

No comments: